Easy Pace Italy with Oberammergau (Preview 2020)
Easy Pace Italy With Oberammergau (Preview 2020)
Discover three of Italy’s most cultural cities. Savour Rome’s rich heritage, soak up the Renaissance atmosphere of Florence, and look beyond the canals and gondolas to gain a deeper understanding of Venice. Photo: Oberammergau Passion Play 2020
Additional Included Highlights
- Rome: Enjoy a private guided tour of St Peter’s Basilica.
- Pisa: See the cathedral, baptistery and Leaning Tower.
- Florence: View the city skyline from the sumptuous terrace of Piazzale Michelangelo
- See the cathedral, ‘Gates of Paradise’ on the baptistery and Signoria Square
- Witness a traditional Florence leather-work demonstration.
- Verona: Walk with your Tour Director past the Roman Arena to the famous balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Venice: Cruise to St Mark’s Square by private launch
- See St Mark’s Basilica, the bell tower, clock tower, Doges’ Palace and Bridge of Sighs
- Witness hand made Venetian arts such as glass-blowing and lace making.
Signature and Highlight Hotels
- Rome: The Veneto Palace Hotel is located in the monumental and unique scenery of ancient Rome, not far from Piazza di Spagna, the Trevi Fountain and Villa Borghese, which is the largest park in central Rome. The guest rooms offer a classic style that blends in perfect harmony with the style of the building.
- Venice: Hilton Molino Stucky. The hotel is located in a magnificently restored 19th century granary on Giudecca Island, only minutes away from St. Mark’s Square by boat. Amenities include a roof top pool, spa and wellness centre and five different restaurants and bars. Excellent views from the roof bar.
- Tuscany: Enjoy a fabulous dinner of Tuscan specialities, together with a wine tasting.
- Venice: Join your fellow guests for an unforgettable Celebration Dinner of delicious Italian cuisine in the heart of historic Venice.
- Included Quality Dining:: 12 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 5 Dinners all with wine (DW).
- Oberammergau: Dine in a local restaurant amid the buzz of excitement from Passion Play goers and enjoy local hospitality before the second half commences.
- Rome: Gain VIP entrance into the Vatican Museums and be among the select few to admire the Renaissance Bramante Staircase, off limits to the general public. Once through the Popes’ treasure-trove, you confront the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel.
- Venice: Visit an artisan showroom and workshop to see master craftsmen honouring age-old Venetian crafts.
Top Rated Highlights
- Assisi: With your Local Expert venture inside the great basilica to see the beautiful frescoes by Giotto, and visit the tomb of St Francis.
- Florence: Visit the Accademia Museum with a local historian to study Michelangelo’s original 17ft marble masterpiece.
- Pisa: See the famous leaning tower.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you will be serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
- Oberammergau: Experience the spectacular Passion Play that has made this town famous. Watch from your premium seat as local villagers perform as they have since 1634 in this once in a decade event. An emotive and critically acclaimed performance depicting Christ’s last days, this is an event not to be missed.
Additional Star Services
- Our highly-skilled Insight Tour Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend in a foreign land
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat touring coach, with extended Business Class legroom and on-board restroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included; you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish – a local tidbit representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination
- Complimentary transfers from Rome Fiumicino Airport and to Munich Airport are available at scheduled times only on arrival and departure days.
- Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, or additional accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations, charged transfers are available
- Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to the Eternal City of Rome.
Exploring The Vatican City.
Rome at Leisure.
Assisi to Florence.
Florence, Birthplace of the Renaissance.
Pisa and the Tuscan Countryside.
Verona and Venice, Queen of the Adriatic.
Venice and the Magic of ‘La Serenissima’.
Venice at Leisure.
From the lakes of Venice to mountain-ringed Innsbruck.
Innsbruck to Oberammergau.
The Passion Play.