India: Women's Expedition
India: Women’s Expedition
Journey between the cities, villages and desert of Rajasthan and gain unique insight into the lives of Indian women. With an all-women group and local female leader, this 12-day Women’s Expedition will immerse you in the culture and history of the region, as seen through the eyes of the women who live here. Starting in energetic Delhi, travel in the female-only carriage on the metro, then head out to the Thar Desert to meet local women and enjoy a traditional Kalbeliya dance performance. In the village of Chandelao Garh, visit a project empowering female artisans, and join an inspiring rickshaw tour of Jaipur with a female guide from the Pink City Rickshaw Co. This is India like you’ve never seen it before.
- Delhi – Welcome dinner
- Delhi – Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour
- Delhi – Visit to the Jama Masjid Mosque
- Delhi – Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple)
- Thar Desert – Kalbeliya Dance Performance
- Thar Desert – Jeep Safari
- Jaisalmer – City Tour
- Jodhpur – Meherangarh Fort
- Jodhpur – Sadar Bazaar
- Jodhpur – City Walk
- Chandelao Garh – Village Walk
- Chandelao Garh – Sundar Rang Crafts Centre Visit
- Nimaj – Leader-led village walk
- Nimaj – Henna painting
- Nimaj – Dance performance
- Nimaj – Rangoli making
- Chandelao Garh – Morning Yoga
- Jaipur – Leader-led orientation walk
- Jaipur – Bollywood movie at Raj Mandir
- Jaipur – Amber Fort
- Jaipur – City tour with The Pink City Rickshaw Company
- Jaipur – Home-cooking Class
- Agra – Saree lesson
- Agra – Taj Mahal
- Agra – Agra Fort Visit
- Delhi – Dilli Haat INA Visit
- Get to know northern India through the lives of the women who live there as you explore with a female leader, ride in women-only carriages on the metro and meet inspiring local women throughout your journey.
- Head to the rural desert village of Chandelao Garh, where a local project provides female artisans with employment and education while preserving traditional craft practices. Check out their handicrafts and hear their stories.
- Take a jeep safari into the Thar Desert and enjoy an exclusive Kalbeliya dance performed by local women at a desert camp. Enjoy some quality one-on-one time with the dancers while the gentlemen prepare dinner.
- Visit a local woman’s home and select a saree and accessories to wear on your visit to the Taj Mahal, one of the most beautiful buildings in the world inspired by the extraordinary love of an exceptional woman.
- See the highlights of Jaipur and get to know your female driver on a tour with the eco-friendly Pink City Rickshaw Company, a non-profit providing employment and economic independence to women from low-income households.
Delhi - Overnight train
Looking for more information?
We're here to help!
Click on the buttons below to request a quote on this deal or contact us directly with further questions or comments.
Request A Quote Send To A Friend Have A Question? Contact Us