New England's Fall Foliage - Summer 2021
New England’s Fall Foliage – Classic Group, 2021
Embark on a colourful autumnal journey through this picturesque corner of the USA and experience an Indian Summer in all its glory. Think glorious orange and red hues set against lush forests and tranquil lakes. Along the way you’ll delve into Boston’s transformative past as you follow part of the red-brick Freedom Trail. You’ll visit the quintessential Vermont village of Woodstock and capture the Silver Cascade waterfall and Bretton Woods, which offers stunning views of Mount Washington. Drive along the famous Ocean Drive in Kennebunkport and see the fabulous homes of the rich and famous, all while staying at the best addresses yourself.
- Boston: At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine and an opportunity to mingle with fellow guests at your hotel.
- Stowe: At your Highlight Dinner, taste the product of artisan brewers with Austrian-style lagers.
- Portland: In the evening, enjoy a delicious Celebration Dinner featuring Maine lobster with your fellow travellers.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 5 Dinners with wine (DW).
- North Conway: With an expert naturalist, learn about the wildlife and ecology of the North Woods.
Top Rated Highlights
- Boston: Follow part of the red-brick Freedom Trail that brings to life the story of the American Revolution.
- Stockbridge: Visit the Norman Rockwell Museum, a wonderful snapshot of Americana, built to showcase the amazing artwork produced during his long career.
- Weston: Step into history with a visit to the Vermont Country Store where you’ll find a nostalgic assortment of products.
- Woodstock: Explore one of the finest operating dairy farms in America and also a museum of Vermont’s rural past at the Billings Farm and Museum.
- Waterbury: Experience a guided tour of the Ben and Jerry’s Factory, where you will learn from Caring Dairy Farmers about the sustainable farming practices that goes into their ice cream production.
- Montpelier: You’ll travel to Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks, where maple syrup is “tapped” from the trees. Taste a Vermont tradition, the unusually named ‘sugar on snow’, which is maple syrup drizzled over packed snow. This tasty treat is traditionally served with a doughnut and pickle.
- Franconia Notch: Take a scenic ride on the Gondola SkyRide at Loon Mountain Resort (weather permitting). On a clear day, you’ll have superb panoramic views of New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York and Canada.
- Kancamagus: Later, journey through the dazzling crimson and orange hues of the famed Kancamagus Scenic Byway to North Conway. This spectacular section of Route 112 is unspoiled by industry and boasts 34.5 miles of untouched natural beauty.
- Bretton Woods: Stop for pictures at the Silver Cascade Waterfall and Bretton Woods, which offers stunning views of Mount Washington, the tallest peak in the northeast at 6,288 feet (1,917 metres).
- North Conway: Enjoy a scenic hike to Diana’s Baths, which is a series of small cascading waterfalls.
- Portland: This morning visit the iconic Portland Head Light on the spectacular shores of Fort Williams Park.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Boston.
Beantown to Williamstown.
The Legends of the Fall and Stowe.
A Taste of Vermont.
North Conway and the White Mountains.
Sightseeing in the White Mountains.
The Rugged Maine Coast.
Back to Boston.